Tripp Lite - Good to their Employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tripp Lite

"Good to their Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about their employees and often sponsor events. The people are fun and laid back. Christmas Party and Summer picnic.

Cons

There is lack of organization and communication across departments. It can take a VERY long time to get help from anyone not in your bay. Also, it's a complete cubicle farm--only half cubicles, and there are no windows except by the front desk and kitchen. All of the walls are white with florescent lighting--it feels very commercial and uninviting.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Allow us to communicate with other departments to get things done faster.

Other Employee Reviews for Tripp Lite

"Stable Company With a Lot of Nonsense and Nepotism"

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

Reasonable pay and reasonable hours.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement. There is widespread nepotism in leadership positions across multiple positions, crippling areas like marketing, human resources, and production. I can understand hiring relatives from time to time, but it is widespread at Tripp Lite.

While pay is good, benefits are poor. There is no 401K match and the time off policy is poor with sick days being left to the discretion of your manager. I say that again.... Whether or not a sick day is granted is left up to your manager... Seriously?

While the hours you are required to work is reasonable (in fact, you won't even have to work 40 hours per week as an exempt employee in certain departments), there is a general lack of trust and respect for your time. You are required to have your butt in your seat and there will be no option to work from home even for jobs that would be well suited.

Senior management is hit or miss. The president is a smart leader, but he is hamstrung by a team full nepotism and long-timers that may not be fit for their role.

The company has no stated mission, and the company is super secretive about all aspects of the business. There is also a culture of fiefdoms and silos and a general sense of ill will between departments often times made worse by a lack of overarching vision. Unprofessional behavior, inappropriate relationships, and general nonsense are all tolerated.

Tripp Lite Response

Aug 13, 2014 – EVP

In reading your review I find it hard to believe we work for the same company as your observations differ from mine substantially. I'm particularly disappointed in your perception of our policy on... More

2. "Here today, here tomorrow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a financially stable company. They make big decisions carefully and get them right. No layoffs in my time here. The casual atmosphere can obscure the high energy work ethic I see around me. They give ALL employees serious cash bonuses for milestone sales achievements like biggest month, biggest quarter, biggest year. Most quality employees who come here stay along time.

Cons

With stability can come staleness or lack of innovation, but they have enough good young heads in key positions to keep things moving forward. Career paths could be better defined.

Advice to Management

Initiate more job trainings and formal career advancement programs and having done so educate the employees on their best path to advancement. Think long term.