Trov - Still one big fun and hardworking family! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trov

"Still one big fun and hardworking family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

I have been working at Trov full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing People!!! Company is growing quickly and each person that joins continues to be great to work with. Smart, hardworking, fun. Exciting to see where we will go this year.

Cons

Lots of growth, so some growing pains with that. But management really seems to be working hard to communicate through the growth and keep us all in the loop and on point.

Advice to Management

Communication is always appreciated.

Trov Response

Mar 5, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for sharing. We are always encouraged when we hear that the culture we work so hard to exhibit is truly coming through. We will continue to work at keeping communication a top priority... More

Other Employee Reviews for Trov

1. "Not Sure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Trov full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO is a great person and most coworkers are very smart and hardworking. That is probably the best you can get out of Trov at this point.

Cons

Too much politics in setting priorities as a startup.

No employee development vision for staff. The hire-and-fire practice will backfire eventually as good people with good skills can go somewhere else easily.

Its New York office is dysfunctional and operates like a different company. Working from home or unlimited vacation is legendary on paper because of who is in charge there. Don't believe those when they are used as recruiting incentives. Work environment there is the worst I've ever experienced, even with free beverages and snacks.

Benefits are good with the basics covered but not great if you work outside it's headquarters in Danville or have a family to support.

Advice to Management

You should look into the root causes of constant delays in launching new products or features. The Engineering team has to be held accountable from the top down. Administrative functions have room for improvement.

Trov Response

Mar 5, 2017 – VP People Operations

We value our employee's feedback so that we can continue to work to make Trov a great place to work. We also value honesty in our interviewees and employees. Our business is growing rapidly, and... More

2. "What a Ride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Pros

Working with some of the best people ever! And the opportunity that is emerging seems endless...and the challenge is great. The company pays attention to its culture and is protective of its family feel. It is a great place to grow, learn, contribute, and feel valued!

Cons

Lots of the engineering team is remote. We all gather semi-regularly (in-person, that is) - but it would be great to see everyone more regularly. The engineers seem to relish the relative independence...but for us at HQ the distance and time-diffs can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!