TruGreen - HIGHS AND LOWS | Glassdoor

"HIGHS AND LOWS"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Acworth, GA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Acworth, GA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Disorganized, little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

1. "It was a terrible experience"

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime was the only good thing

Cons

Managers don't care about anything

Advice to Management

They should Start to care about more than just getting paid

"Loyalty won't have a seat at the table when you get let go"

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TruGreen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some guerilla style training that prepared me to be productive at other companies. If you were fortunate enough to get higher levels of Branch Management and up the pay had a chance to be very comfortable.

Cons

Insane demands on employees. Unrealistic goals. Attrition stacked upon more attrition for the associate experience. You would push your employees so far with promises of benefits of "sticking it out" and how "the company remembers hard workers and won't forget your loyalty that you've shown". Senior leadership bullies branch level management into making bad decisions and threatens front line associates into moving out of state for jobs that they eliminate within months.

I once had a Regional VP contact me the day after not sending technicians on the road to do production during a Tropical Storm (People were evacuated from their homes) and asked me "Who do you think you are to not send out your workers? I guess you don't understand what we're trying to accomplish here"

Advice to Management

Listen to your local leadership who have been doing it for years and know their markets/customer base. HR is out of control, creating paranoia and fear more damaging than they ever dreamed possible. The "Us vs. Them" mentality that HR creates is ludicrous. I had an employee contact HR about a dispute and she was shocked to hear the HR rep start things off, "What happened? Did the GM yell at you? You can tell me. I bet he did. Did he curse?" Leading the employee into something? Unprofessional. The employee thankfully got angry at this and assured the HR rep that the GM does not conduct himself in this manner and that she was looking for a neutral party to interpret a policy. Reduce HR's role in the organization! Why do they interview and have final say on who is going to be an Operations Manager when they have no technical knowledge at all?