TruGreen - KNOCK KNOCK!! | Glassdoor

"KNOCK KNOCK!!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Plymouth, MA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Plymouth, MA

I worked at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you are outside on beautiful days. Nice co workers.

Cons

constantly harrassing customers on the phone. They call the same people over and over and over and over again. Constantly knocking on the same neighborhoods. Give some areas a little bit of a break!

Advice to Management

abide by the do not call list. Cut down on amount of sales reps. Rather than blast the market with unqualified employees who are under pricing every lawn, hire solid sales reps and pay well enough to retain them.

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

"Exactly what you expect from a call center."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lewisville, TX

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training that I got from them was very well organized and I believe it prepared an individual for what they could expect from callers. Everything from how to overcome objections to doing a presentation and learning from top sales people helped me translate that to other careers. Pay structure while I was there was also very rewarding, but you make most of your money during the busy season, so prepare to work hard during the spring and early hours if they allow you to...usually if you are good.

Cons

Typical call center politics made me want to leave. The veterans didn't like the new guys coming in to take on the same amount of calls so they began tiering the amount of calls the rookies got which was unfair even though some of the rookies were closing as many as the vets were.

Advice to Management

It's nice to have the script and create a great presentation, but I believe you should give your sales personnel the opportunity to show a true sales personality and allow it to come out over the phone. Also, I found it weird that managers were making less than some of their sales team members were, that made no sense as to why anybody would want to move into a leadership role. Also, there should be an actual customer service line that the sales team can transfer calls to so that the sales people can focus on selling and the csrs focus on the customer. They also need to make sure that if we do transfer to the branch that there is at least somebody who would be able to help the customer out.

"Do not pay commissions on time. Poor/Late customer service"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Do not pay commissions on time or if at all. Customer service is horrific as people have to wait 4 and 5 weeks for treatment of their lawns. Horrible customer service as well as employee communication

Advice to Management

Fire all and start over because you have probably lost a ton of business in the midwest