TruGreen - Most rewarding Job Ive ever had | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

"Most rewarding Job Ive ever had"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Smyrna Beach, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been Given every opportunity to grow in this company. Yes i have worked a lot of hours but if you want to make real money you have to work real hard. I love meeting people every day and not just selling them service but making a Friend. If you are coming to this place for the base pay and mileage I beg you go work some where else.

Cons

Should pay a little more per mile

Advice to Management

Treat your team as you would want to be treated

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

"What the hell have i gotten myself into"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one that I cannot off set with a con

Cons

The company is structures so the "fat cats make all the money and the worker bees get whats left (the meager leftovers) I have never worked for a company that has such a high turnover rate. More people have quit than we actually have on staff. The job description is misleading. The company does not allow employees to have a work/life balance. The magic wand that was waved before my eyes showed me the company through rose colored glasses. When the blinders came off I was shell shocked. I had a life, now I am a TruGreen slave.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as human beings, not machines. It may suprise you but we get tired, frustrated and down right irritated. I am not a TruGreen minion, I am a Human Being, a man, flesh and blood. Heck even a machine gets some down time. You can't wind us up and expect us to be energizer bunnies every day. Even the bunny's batteries eventually run down.

"Poor training, poor management, unrealistic goals."

Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't really think of any. There are much worse jobs out there but I would not recommend TruGreen if given a choice.

Cons

Being a weather related business causes your schedule to constantly change. I was told it was 4 eleven hour days with weekends off. So far, most of the time I've been asked to work my day off during the week as well as every Saturday. Also, many days have been in excess of 12 hours. The boots they give you are horrible, which makes no sense, since your feet are the most important part of the job. Poor training and then just throw you out there to figure it out but still expect you to be instantly efficient. Fly by the seat of their pants kind of place. Crappy equipment, no problem solving ability for their tech's issues, and the worst part of it all is their process of getting off work. You have to check out by reviewing your day with a manager. Problem is, there's usually 4 or 5 people in front of you who all end up spending 10 minutes or more with the manager. You bust your butt all day to get your work done and you get back to the shop and have to sit there for up to 45 minutes waiting to tell the manager things that are meaningless or getting "scolded" for not making more money, even though you really have no control over it. All about production with a lack of care for their customers.

Advice to Management

Not even sure where to start.