TruGreen - Application Process | Glassdoor

"Application Process"

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time

Pros

Very detailed and in-depth application process. Questions on the application leads you to think they value certain management/supervisory styles.

Cons

Third party employment service are rarely effective at weeding out the RIGHT candidates. Doesn't seem TruGreen actually reviews applicants until after the computer weeds out the riff-raff. Seems a bit too in-depth for this type of job.

Advice to Management

Wish you could log in and view status of applications submitted.

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

"Worn Out!"

Current Employee - Route Speci in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Route Speci in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TruGreen (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great relationship with customers, pride in ownership of your route, good exercise, good salary and overtime, excellent medical insurance

Cons

Excessive hours, terrible sales from the call center mean I have to work 5 times as hard to gain customers' trust and resell our service. "Digital marketing" is a joke. You can not sell lawn care properly without actually seeing the lawn you are trying to sell (get rid of Google Earth and send sales reps to properties to sell properly). Poor balance of work/family time. We are supposed to work 4 11 hour shifts a week but now we are working 5 days to hit our revenue goal.You always have to work more hours and wear yourself out because the company wants more, more, more production. Sometimes I don't even get home until 7:30-8:00 at night, after arriving before 7:00 am! Overtime is good, but I am worn out! You can not make spontaneous plans with family or friends, ever. Trugreen owns you.

Advice to Management

Try to care about the well-being and happiness of your branch level employees for a change!! If you quit treating them like liabilities and start treating them like valuable assets, you will be amazed at how much harder they will work for you! As hard as it is for you to believe, the 'little people' are who make it possible for you corporate bigwigs to enjoy your lifestyle. Try treating us with decency and respect once in a while, and you will be rewarded. Also, invest more money into operations (branch level) instead of putting all of your money into marketing.

2. "Good and Bad It just depends on the day."

Pros

Good Pay. The hourly is not bad. And, there is the opportunity to earn good income. As long as you don't mind working through all the bad things first.

Cons

Unorganized. Start from the bottom of the bottom.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement. An employee is much more likely to take advice from someone that he doesn't feel is just another employee in the bunch.