TruGreen - An amazing company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

"An amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am pretty much my own boss. I set my own goals and work at my own pace. Plus, I've lost about 30 pounds walking door to door! That is amazing!

Cons

I miss not being able to put my son to bed. And having the door slammed in your face is pretty hurtful, but you get used to it and move on.

Advice to Management

The NMO trackers are a great idea. But, if knock 40 doors a day and get 3 sales out of it-take that as a good thing! I would rather have my customers enjoy their time spent with me and get the sales rather than knocking 80+ doors and not building that rapport with potential customers (and not getting any sales in my case).

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

1. "It was a great opportunity!"

Pros

Gives employees opportunities to move up the ladder and excel. Within 6 months of employment I went from a sales auditor to an Office Supervisor.

Cons

Corporate rules and policies tend to change without caution!

2. "Surprising"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good training in the field and in the office. Awesome sales compensation, I've seen salesmen at this company make more than realtors. They used to utilize telemarketing but have evolved from that, which is good. They also pay field sales reps' fuel expenses.

Cons

During the interview process, it was not made clear to me in any way, shape, or form, that they utilized cold-call telemarketing, but they dropped that process. Training and sales floor support was also kind of lackluster.

Advice to Management

Keep moving away from telemarketing. There are ways to get customers to you instead of you to them, and you made the right first move.