TruGreen - It was okay, door to door | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

"It was okay, door to door"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, KY
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, KY

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You had freedom most of the time

Cons

Hours 11-9 Monday thru Friday and 9-1 on Saturday
Not a good commission rate at all
It's door to door which is never good

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

1. "Worst job ever"

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No more good reasons to work there. A 4 day work week was what I liked at first until they start crabbing about revenue goals and forcing us to work 5 and sometimes 6 day work weeks.

Cons

So you're scheduled to work 4 days this week and then on Tuesday they drop on you that you have to work 6 days. You cant drop something like that on us in the middle of the week. People make plans and have lives and responsibilities outside of work, but they don't understand that.

The pay is horrible for the amount of work and responsibilities they put on us. We get paid the least in the company, but have to do the most. Too much aggravation for the sorry pay.

The lack of communication among different departments in the company is ridiculous. The unhappy and irate customers are upset at every one in the company besides the lawn techs, but then the lawn techs get all the blame.

Very stressful job. Who would think that lawn care would be so stressful? You have no personal life working here. You cant even make weekend plans because you never know when they'll force you to work on your days off. By time you get home you're too exhausted to do anything. This job sucks the life right out of you.

They don't even supply you with all the proper items you need to take proper care of the customers and then blame you for customer issues. They don't care anything about the lawn techs or the customers. All that matters is that they hit their monthly revenue quota. That's it!!

Let's not get into safety. We use protective gloves, but they never have any in the shop. The chemical resistant boots don't last long and when they start falling apart and leaking they take 2 months to order new boots. During those 2 months you're walking around with chemically soaked socks and feet. No respirator mask or anything to prevent inhaling the chemical fumes. I've gotten really sick mysteriously about 3 times since working here in less than a year.

I could keep going on why you shouldn't work here, but I'd be writing page after page.

Advice to Management

Read what I previously wrote. Too much to explain.

2. "Awful"

Former Employee - Route Manager in Lexington, OH
    Former Employee - Route Manager in Lexington, OH

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

The company likes to lie to everyone.

Advice to Management

Die in a fire.