True Value - Personal Experience Inside Guilford Builders Supply | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for True Value

"Personal Experience Inside Guilford Builders Supply"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Project Manager in Greensboro, NC

Pros

It is the only reputable millwork company in the greater Greensboro area. It is a relatively well respected and established business amongst it's few competitors.

Cons

Physical work environment and infrastructure outdated, counterproductive and unprofessional. Disrespect and disregard for employee efforts and achievements. Employee compensation is not adjusted for inflation/current cost of living. Comprehensive negative atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, it is an undeniable truth that no constructive criticism, advice, or suggestion will be heeded by the arrogant and incredulous individuals that run this company. It is my hope that a potential candidate for future employment with this business, considers the regrettable aforementioned statements and avoids the personal and professional cost and capitulation that I have endured as an employee.

Other Employee Reviews for True Value

1. "bad"

Current Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA

Pros

True value is a fun job you learn a lot but when it comes down to the real deal the job sucked you would sit there for four hours and do nothing. true value and there managers need a hip side

Cons

boring you would sit on your butt all day doing nothing

Advice to Management

yo be nice help out and dont have a poor additude torwards you empoloyies

2. "Great Company...Sad I left"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great people, the majority of which have a lets get it done attitude. In the areas I worked in, people in leadership roles were always willing to listen to ideas from the people in the field. I knew I always had the support of my manager and director.

Cons

The salary was a bit below average (but I knew that going into it so that is on me for accepting it). Lots of windshield time.

Advice to Management

The leadership team has done a really good job of navigating through this downturn. Please continue to do what you are doing in order to ensure the company remains an industry leader.