Trulia - Incredible company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Incredible company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, management team, hours, flexibilty, opportunity for advancement is very high. Value promoting from within.

Cons

Expectations are unreasonable at times. They demand the world sometimes and it doesn't seem they understand what we are really going through.

Advice to Management

Top producers in CS need better treatment and the raises they deserve!

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

"A quickly sinking ship. Call center exploiting sales team"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week, not an hour more or less. Good people at the office, easy to meet and make friends. Awesome training and support if you're new to sales. If you're happy talking on the phone all day for very LOW OTE, then this is a good start.

Cons

Where to start? Since we've gone public, making money is virtually impossible. Each month the quotas double, but the payout remains the same. Because you're getting paid hourly, commissions (bonus) each month gets taxed at 40%! If you hit quota, you can expect to make $1350. But what do you end up with after taxes? $800. Given that 50% of the floor did not hit quota last month, you will decelerate very quickly from that amount.

A 24k base with this kind of commission is ridiculous. You will have to have a phenomenal year to break 40k. Don't let their company culture fool you into thinking people are happy. Their top sales rep has already left. This company values short term gain over long term sustainability. They reward sales reps for setting agents up with bad programs that don't do anything for their business. I've sold over 80 agents. I can count on one hand the real estate agents who are genuinely satisfied with the product.

Advice to Management

Management/supervisors are getting paid to do absolutely nothing. Cut them loose. They are useless. Most supervisors couldn't close a deal if their life depended on it and don't know the product. Brainwashing your reps into drinking the kool aid isn't working. No one is happy.

"There have been some very unpopular changes."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health benefits.
    Great co-workers, I really like most of the people that I've met.
    Stocked kitchen.
    Fun events.
    They hired some very high quality people.
    The floor managers seem to care about the people on their teams.

Cons

The work can be monotonous.
    Commissions are a flat rate based on quotas, so you get paid the same if you sell $2k or $30k depending on where they choose to set the quota.
    The company is starting to micromanage your time.
    There is a crisis of confidence in the upper management, many people are disgruntled.

Advice to Management

1. As opposed to dragging everyone in to more & more meetings to tell us why this is good. Recognize that many of us have gone from loving this job to looking elsewhere & perhaps ask if this is the direction you want to go as a company.

2. If you hired me to be a sales professional, leave me be to do it. Don't micromanage my time, lunch, breaks, dials etc. look at the one metric that should matter my numbers.