Trulia - Account Executive Inside Sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Account Executive Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Trulia for about a year now, and Trulia is an awesome company to be employed at. From the fast paced environment in sales, the people you are surrounded by on a daily basis, and being able to maximize your career and financial goals. The support you will receive in our sales department from day one will put you in an awesome position to have a successful sales career wherever you go. From the training they provide all the way to the grind we do on a daily basis with cold calling our prospects.

Cons

1.) If you are not okay with change then this career path is not for you. Trulia is constantly changing to achieve and to be the #1 company in our vertical.
2.) It's a grind. To be successful and to continue to grow your career you have to be a hustler and want to succeed. We are constantly making 70+ dials a day and dealing with indifference with our prospects. That's sales though, and if you can't handle the high pressure and stress than this career choice is not for you.

Advice to Management

Shout out to all upper-management for looking out for our best interest and putting us in a position to grow in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

"Started out as heaven .. Ended in HELL!!!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours were ok and easy to get to.

Cons

1. Management has too much to cheer about.
    2. Too much estrogen at the top in Denver.
    3. There for 2 yrs and the IMPACT VALUES were sold out when the company went public!
    4. You can get on the inbound calls if you are gal pals with one of the managers
    5. You can get on a team you want...if you are friends with one of the sups
    6. If you want to really be on top.... lie to the agents to get it sold.
    7. Anyone who is respected in the real estate world has left the company, so they're left with a
        bunch of kids that are fresh out of school giving advice to agents.
    7. If you have a question and the sup or manager did not like it because if revealed a truth...
        Plan on getting on the crap list. Oh.... they know who you are.
    8. Believe me... the guys who are still there from 2011 don't really like it.... they just know how to
        play the game.
    9. If you want an easy job... be a SUP! You don't need to have sales experience and you'll get to
        surf the net all day!
    10. I had to show my last 2 sups how to do things on our system....what a waste of time!!!
    11.If you are one of the chosen sales people.... You will get advantages way beyond what the rest
         of others… how do you think that average people stay on top…..

THE RICH GET RICHER....SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS TO YOU.
    I can't wait till these top "sales" guys get out in the real world. Real Sales will eat them up in less than 60 days. In the real world everyone gets the same rules, same tools etc. And believe me.... they will not be the top dogs in the real world.

Advice to Management

TAKE THE IMPACT VALUES OFF THE WALLS, OFF THE WEBSITE, OFF THE INTERNET.
    Most of the people who have dared to live these values and have challenged the management to live them or made an effort to hold the management accountable....are no longer a part of this company....and by the way... this is not sour grapes. I was not fired but left on my own because I value the customers and my self much higher than I hold this company or this company values me or it's customers

2. "Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Senior Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Senior Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at the Denver office since we opened in February of 2011. I never dared imagine that an organization like this exists. They offer an abundant amount of love and coaching without micro managing. For you skeptical professionals that are out there, I was one of you just over 2 years ago. I waited and waited for the other shoe to drop but the fact of the matter is working at Trulia means lots of hard work that is rewarded with great pay, lots of fun, monthly happy hours, team outings, great benefits, tons of support and great opportunities for promotion. To be honest I do not remember the last time I woke up and was not excited about going to work (rare indeed).

Cons

If you hate change, Trulia is not for you. I have been in sales for over 10 years and am very accustomed to rapid change in pay, products and org structure but I have never seen anything like this.
    Having said that, a couple things to note:
    1. In the past two years we have not had 1 change that did not make things abundantly better for the customers, employees and the business.
    2. If you have a great idea, you may find yourself pitching it to VPs and rolling out within a week of thinking it. Innovation is probably the best part of the business. You are always heard and responded to. You will find yourself surrounded by tons of talented individuals. Con: makes it a challenge to stand out.

Advice to Management

Thanks you for working so hard for us, fighting for us and supporting and loving us. The only ask I have is one you have been working on for months and have made improvements in strides. You are amazing at being transparent with us with changes. Please continue to keep the meetings short and sweet and to the point. Thanks so much.