Trulia - Best company I've ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Best company I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trulia is an amazing company that truly cares about it's employees. I am constantly amazed by all the super-smart and creative people that I work with. Even as we've grown as a company, I love that our fun culture has remained intact.

But more than that, I've been able to take on new challenges and have never been pigeon-holed into a single role..unlike other companies that I worked for where you aren't allowed to venture beyond your job description. And more importantly, the company continues to invest in me as an employee -- helping me grow in my career.

Oh and did I mention that we have the best vacation policy ever. It's called Trulia Time Off -- which is basically code for unlimited vacation days (but with manager approvals). In the last year alone, I've been able to take two, two-week vacations. Normally, it would take 3-5 years before I could ever earn enough PTO days to take off for that long.

Cons

This is definitely not the place for people who are looking for a basic 9-5 job. Not that Trulia is a slave driver, but it's a fast-paced environment that needs driven people who can keep up.

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

1. "Best job I ever had..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very transparent and keeps the employees informed one what is happening and what we are trying to achieve. The company has a strong values and the employees rally around them. The company promotes from within and gives employees opportunities to grow and expand their knowledge. The company does an excellent job during the recruiting phase and to make sure new employees will make the company and culture stronger with every employee that is hired.

Cons

Sometimes I feel a little disconnected from our satellite offices but I know plans are in the works to remedy the situation.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring awesome people because the people is what makes Trulia so special!

2. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Trulia has been on a tear for the past several years, but still has a ton of upside. That rapid growth leads to a lot of change but also opportunity. Just as people who joined Google or Facebook during the early days ended up with huge opportunity to grow, you can have that same type of growth in many roles at Trulia.

Cons

Now as a public company, Trulia is more focused than ever on results. While there's huge opportunity for those who can deliver, the pressure may be tough for some.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the few things that matter the most and execute. Ensure that the culture the company has built over its history (which is AWESOME) sticks.