Trulia - Best company I've ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work / life balance
Respect for employees
Team outings
Great people and culture
You have a voice
Your ideas matter
Transparency from upper management
Competency of employees
Attitude of employees
Quality of products we build
Upward mobility and growth
Career advancement opportunities

Cons

A lot of technical debt in the code.
Integrating new employees has been challenging.
I have too much to do and not enough time. That's probably true at any dot-com, but some of it may be due to the technical debt problem and assisting so many new hires all the time.
Snack and drink options are lacking. I've seen the kitchens of some other tech startups and they put ours to shame.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Stay transparent and communicative. Keep employees involved in the process of change.

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

1. "One of the best places for engineers in the city"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee centric culture, talented team of engineers, unlimited PTO, dog-friendly office and best of all - the innovation weeks!

Cons

A public company, although I can't complain about the rising stock price :)

Advice to Management

Please stay with the current mission of building the best real-estate search engine for the consumers.

2. "Great fun working on interesting products with talented, friendly people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people: very non-judgemental of your personal situation. The only thing that matters is that you are fired up about your job. No one cares about what specific hours you keep, though of course face time is valued. The people I've worked with are extremely friendly, passionate, and knowledgable...Great combination

The product: everyone needs a home. Our tools to help get people in them are innovative (like commute maps) and work at scale.

Perks: great benefits, food is often bought for everyone, nights in (boardgame night) and out (summer party), scheduled fun days, a kegerator on two floors, and plenty of adult beverages nearby. Good social scene. Some good snacks and drinks.

The pay is good and commensurate with what you'd expect in the valley/SF

Senior Management: has an excellent vision, are very transparent and approachable. They've created a great, open culture that's reflected by the fact that anyone can come up with an innovative idea and communicate it freely to anyone, even the CEO. Also there are no offices...just desks. That goes for senior management as well.

Cons

The main building is older and has crappy bathrooms, no AC, and slow elevators. However, the engineering team is moving across the street to more modern digs. I'd expect a whole lot more if we get a new building in the future...like views of the bay and bathrooms that can handle more than two people at one time.

Conference rooms can be hard to book and we need more space

Advice to Management

You know the issues with the facilities and are working on them. Otherwise, I applaud the great work steering the company!