Trulia - Not your average Bay Area software company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Not your average Bay Area software company"

Current Employee - Director, Engineering in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director, Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As an engineer, I appreciate Trulia’s wide range of technical problems to solve, and level-headed approach to addressing them, but that’s not the main reason I love working here. This is a place where feedback is continuously sought, heard, and turned into tangible changes, and the company is better for it — both for our products as well as for our company culture. From quotidian workplace requests to far-reaching benefits changes and full-scale re-engineering efforts, there’s a shared passion for continuing to execute like a start-up as we continue to scale.

Cons

The office space in SF isn’t particularly glamorous, and certainly won't be the spaces you see in tech blogs. The basics are covered, but work environment (besides Aeron chairs and powerful laptops) is something of an afterthought.

Advice to Management

Fight hard to keep the scrappy culture from Trulia’s early days as we grow. Continue to listen and respond to employees’ feedback, even if you can’t immediately act on it.

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

"Fun start-up"

Pros

Great company and great culture.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Great growing Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Benefits, Profit Sharing, Awesome Culture, Positive Direction. Overall a good sales job, laid back environment, solid pay and good perks. The office is definitely changing, I have been here for almost 3 years and there is gradually a shift towards more structure - good and bad comes with that. The office is growing, almost 250 people work here now - for the most part I think people are happy. The company pays 100% for health benefits, matches 401k, pays for your gym membership, provides great opportunities to move up and travel and there is a good work/life balance. There is constant change and always something new combined with how rapidly the company is growing it is too much for some people. Overall they hire good people and the company takes care of the employees.

Cons

Office Location is far from downtown. Change and growth definitely make for uncertainty at times. A few "bad seeds" that complain about almost everything. Some people that have been with the company for a long time have a definite sense of entitlement, makes for a more negative environment at times. I am certain a lot of the negative reviews here are from these handful of people (Perfect example is the most recent review I read, they state they have worked here over 3 years - the office hasn't been open that long). There has also been a push for more productivity - which makes it seem less like sales - but to be fair the goal is 3 hours on the phone in an 8 hour day. There are cases where it seems like some of the "shady"

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad employees. A few unhappy, entitled and whiny people bring down the morale of the whole sales floor. It wouldn't hurt to get rid of some of the shady sales people either.