Trulia - Amazing culture with lots of vertical mobility. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Amazing culture with lots of vertical mobility."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Trulia has culture that is unmatched. From first Friday happy hours at the penthouse, to fireside chats with keynote-level speakers, Trulia truly went above an beyond to keep employees happy and motivated. I literally liked everyone I met while I worker there.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about Trulia was the employee turn around (specifically for inside sales). For a while, the inside sales team was a revolving door of mediocre talent. This was mostly due to the type of sale Trulia catered to, but it still was hard knowing 8/10 people hired weren't going to make it past the 3 month mark.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

1. "Long term employee - long term happiness"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting growth still occurring, huge investment in long term business vision, excellent leadership and transparency. Still the start-up culture I loved, with a lot of upside on things that suck in a start-up.

Cons

We are growing fast, space is tight (looking for bigger/unified location). At times new processes pop-up that can feel like a slowdown, however it is usually good business practice that a company of our scale should be doing. Still it looks like red-tape at times. Yet much more transparency as to "why" it has to happen.

Advice to Management

They need more investment in 4year+ employees.

"New Sales Management = IMPACT being just something on the walls"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, decent pay - once had a very good chance of being an awesome place to work .

Cons

If you love a culture where sucking up is the way to get ahead - this is the place to be - Ever since the new management has come in and taken over the Denver office Innovation, Intelligence and People matter has fallen by the wayside. Easily the most incompetent executives I have ever seen operate. If you want to work for a company where " not rocking the boat" and automatically agreeing with the highest paid person in the room is rewarded - apply here! It is unfortunate that they would hire so many leaders with a lack of imagination. A once promising company has become just another place to work. If you enjoy blending in and agreeing to get by - this is the place to be. If you have any real ambition or independent thought - beware. Additionally - it is well known that management is asked to write positive 5 star reviews to this site once a month, so be aware when reading all the "awesome" feedback.

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots, hire real salespeople not sheep. Hire real Senior management, don't allow your company to be ruined because it is run like a call center.