Trulia - Great benefits, casual work environment, bizarre hiring practices | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

"Great benefits, casual work environment, bizarre hiring practices"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Trulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and above standard benefits were great qualities, as was being able to wear jeans to work. Free beverages, a ping pong table, and ergonomic desks that can be moved with the touch of a button were nice perks. Direct managers and supervisors were good bosses,

Cons

After finalizing the merger with Market Leader, a reduction in force eliminated me and 25% of the department I worked in. "Eliminating redundancy in positions..." was the HR line. Two weeks later, they were hiring for the same positions again.

Other Employee Reviews for Trulia

1. "Trulia is not only Customer-obsessed...they are Employee Obsessed too!"

Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Partnerships in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Partnerships in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My decision to continue to pour my talent, time and effort into Trulia continues to be re-affirmed by the many benefits they continue to provide employees. I spend a considerable time working- yet, I enjoy it because Trulia provides ways for me to be the best I can be. Gym memberships benefits, education benefits, events with co-workers that promote health and fitness...It isn't hard to see that Trulia values me personally and wants to ensure I am set up for success.

Cons

I work remote so I am not readily at all the company functions- so I do miss out on the camaraderie most of the time. However, when I am in town to collaborate with my colleagues- I feel appreciated and valued.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating as you do- I love hearing about our team, our innovations and how we are delighting our customers.

2. "Awesome place to be"

Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the engineering department is a pleasure. No shortage of interesting projects and an agile development environment with weekly releases keeps everything interesting. The management hierarchy doesn't feel oppressive, and coworkers are both nice and smart. Flexible hours depending on team, frequent outings, lunches, and other ways of relaxing.

Cons

As an engineer, it takes time to figure out the nuances of the realty world, and even then there are people specifically hired to help teams understand.