Truphone - My most terrible career decision | Glassdoor

"My most terrible career decision"

I worked at Truphone full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Stay Away from this pit of career suicide.

Cons

A product that no one wants, burns the people they hire , out priced and out marketed by domestic carriers. Most of all management treats the employees like they are bugs.

Advice to Management

Stop doing business in the United States

Truphone2018-03-05

Truphone Response

December 18, 2018Global Resourcing Manager

We’re sorry to hear about this. Our management has taken steps in recent years to strengthen relationships with our employees in order to make everyone at Truphone feel like their work is valued and that they are respected. We’d be keen to speak with you about your particular experience ...

1. "Cutting edge company with top notch employees"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Truphone full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly global company with people from all over the world working there. The company has a real commitment to innovation and moving the mobile industry forward. There are very dedicated and extremely bright people working at all levels of the company. Access to the executive team is available to everyone and they do a good job of keeping the global workforce plugged in.

Cons

The company has a very wide range of products which can lead to silo-ing of the business. Large elements of the company have no idea what other elements do or how their products fit in.

Advice to Management

Better organization of product and sales. There's a lot of overlap between the various sales and product teams without clear responsibilities for either side.

Truphone2019-06-04

"Very strange office environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Truphone full-time for less than a year

Pros

Technology and solution is awesome - probably great to work for them in the UK.

Cons

Local management was a joke, very egotistical and cliquish. Hard to be a new employee there, actually enjoyed seeing the "tenured" managers get laid off.

Advice to Management

Don't bite the hands that feed the company, support them. And don't lie to sales about the potential commission to be made.

Truphone2019-05-03

Discover more reviews about Truphone.