Trustmark Companies - Cold hearted Supervisors and Managers, very unprofessional here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trustmark Companies

"Cold hearted Supervisors and Managers, very unprofessional here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Trustmark Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great co-workers, some people work really hard here

Cons

Supervisors, managers, directors, HR staff members, lack of communication, lack of growth, lack of training, pay, benefits

Advice to Management

HR staff here is known for hiring people to work here that they know instead of hiring people that have hands on experience

You should care about your employees as much as you say you care for your clients.

Make sure supervisors are not playing God within the department they work in

Make sure employees are properly trained

Other Employee Reviews for Trustmark Companies

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Trustmark Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would strongly consider other opportunities before taking a job with Trustmark or any of its subsidiary companies.

Cons

Horrible disorganized management that is not willing to pull their weight and throws others under the bus to advance. HR team blindly that groups together with management. Hiring of friends and relatives as direct reports is commonplace, even though it is not suggested by policies it is not enforced because senior management is doing the hiring.

Advice to Management

none

"I Highly Recommend This Company...to My Worst Enemy."

Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Trustmark Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- On paper it looks good.
    - You might get lucky and find the 1 or 2 good mangers they have.

Cons

My mentor at this company put it this way: every Company has those who will ascend the corporate ladder through standard back-stabbing but this place won't even do you that service, since they prefer letting you walk around with an ax in your forehead. It's a fairly crude work environment for those who have spent any length of time there.  The most unprofessional managers I've seen in any employer. It's like working in the show, The Office, but instead of working for incompetent managers who are lovable at heart, they actually will attempt to undermine you, set you up for failure, micromanage your work product, and use HR to bully you into submission.

The interesting thing is they actually have a decent organizational structure and some pretty good procedures in place to operate a business. It's as if someone set up a half-way decent Company years ago and then let it run on its own power. At this point whoever did is long gone and you get stuck with the whatever parasites have attached to the host body.

Unfortunately for me, it took years to figure this out. One colleague, who came and went within 6 months time, started looking for a job almost as soon as he arrived after he witnessed a few "team" meetings. I asked him why he was leaving and he looked at me like I was nuts for asking and said management was too dysfunctional for his taste. Fortunately for you, I learned this lesson so that you wouldn't have to but for those who would like to share this experience I'm sure they would love to have you.