Truven Health Analytics - I was very happy and would have been happy to stay, but I was on a contract with no intent to hire | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Truven Health Analytics

"I was very happy and would have been happy to stay, but I was on a contract with no intent to hire"

Former Contractor - Senior Linux Systems Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Contractor - Senior Linux Systems Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Truven Health Analytics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Truven is a well run buerocrasy. They expect you do your best but provide excellent life / work balance. There are lots of company functions and events as well. I initially expected to work more throughout the day, but with all the processes to go through or wait on ech day was very relaxed and zero pressure. I heard thier benefits packages where quite nice for direct hires hires

Cons

I would say they are bloated. There are so many different projects going on and they keep buying more. I had heard they were consolidating team and the less experienced where being laid off however. The development teams here build the project and the maintenance is all shipped overseas.

Advice to Management

People in contracts are forgotten about, often not being renewed till after the contract has expired, then there is a mad rush to fix it last minute.

Other Employee Reviews for Truven Health Analytics

"Decent company, Nice work environment"

Current Employee - Director in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional culture. Focused on the right things. Good benefits. People don't seem to be distracted and gossiping...they are actually working 99% of the time. Very little tolerance for negative employees that stand around complaining to others...that is not part of the culture. There isn't much to complain about...so complainers aren't taken seriously.

Cons

Raises are tightly managed and capped. Health data management...not great party conversation.

Advice to Management

Reward high productivity more flexibly. People the put in "just enough" effort seem to get only slightly lower raises than those that are striving to excel. Senior Management seems isolated...most people never interact with, or even see, those at the top.

"Good place for large data analysis, not for business necessarily"

I worked at Truven Health Analytics full-time

Pros

The data people know what they are doing and are extremely great to work with

Cons

The business side of the house is not focused so much on helping as in up-selling

Advice to Management

Take time to understand the products and the people involved with them