Truven Health Analytics - I was very happy and would have been happy to stay, but I was on a contract with no intent to hire | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Truven Health Analytics

"I was very happy and would have been happy to stay, but I was on a contract with no intent to hire"

Former Contractor - Senior Linux Systems Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Contractor - Senior Linux Systems Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Truven Health Analytics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Truven is a well run buerocrasy. They expect you do your best but provide excellent life / work balance. There are lots of company functions and events as well. I initially expected to work more throughout the day, but with all the processes to go through or wait on ech day was very relaxed and zero pressure. I heard thier benefits packages where quite nice for direct hires hires

Cons

I would say they are bloated. There are so many different projects going on and they keep buying more. I had heard they were consolidating team and the less experienced where being laid off however. The development teams here build the project and the maintenance is all shipped overseas.

Advice to Management

People in contracts are forgotten about, often not being renewed till after the contract has expired, then there is a mad rush to fix it last minute.

Other Employee Reviews for Truven Health Analytics

"Great people, amazing depth of industry knowledge, but everyone is stretched too thin."

Current Employee - Consulting Manager
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful, intelligent, collaborative, helpful people. Incredible breadth and depth of knowledge of the healthcare industry. Subject matter experts even at the VP level are approachable, very responsive, and willing to help any way they can. Large focus on promoting from within. Flexibility to work 100% from home.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid. Too much time spent in meetings. Very high turnover; the superstar performers generally end up leaving the company after 2-3 years. The company has been operating "lean," and open positions either remain unfilled or get closed altogether due to lack of funding. Huge push on upselling, and quality suffers due to the team being overworked and understaffed.

Advice to Management

Much more likely to retain and recruit high-performing people with better salaries and face-to-face training opportunities. The training aspect is getting better- but it focuses only on people new to the company. Staff should be trained throughout their careers, particularly at the manager level.

"Decent company, Nice work environment"

Current Employee - Director in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional culture. Focused on the right things. Good benefits. People don't seem to be distracted and gossiping...they are actually working 99% of the time. Very little tolerance for negative employees that stand around complaining to others...that is not part of the culture. There isn't much to complain about...so complainers aren't taken seriously.

Cons

Raises are tightly managed and capped. Health data management...not great party conversation.

Advice to Management

Reward high productivity more flexibly. People the put in "just enough" effort seem to get only slightly lower raises than those that are striving to excel. Senior Management seems isolated...most people never interact with, or even see, those at the top.