TubeMogul - good overall experience | Glassdoor

"good overall experience"

Current Employee - Intern in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Provided me with experience and industry knowledge.

Cons

Being a non paid intern makes the incentives almost negative. Even a min wage would have increased productivity by 100%

Advice to Management

Great experience, a motivated team.

Other Employee Reviews for TubeMogul

"Working at TubeMogul"

Current Employee - Head of Enterprise Partnerships in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Enterprise Partnerships in London, England (UK)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and the people are top notch.

Post TubeMogul I will keep the key principles that the company lives by close in both professionally and personal life. Having a high "do to say ratio", doing a lot with a little and being self aware set the tone for the business and if you can embrace these principles you will do well at TubeMogul.

Cons

Can be idiosyncratic at times, although the biggest challenge the company has suffered with is growth. Growth of revenue, staff and offices. Coping with this is tough especially when the global nature of the business.

The good thing is that the company is moving from a start up mentality (which is great but cannot be sustained when you are growing so quickly) to a more process orientated approach, in a similar way to a Google or Facebook.

Advice to Management

Keep good people, provide better executive support to international offices and invest in international expansion.

Training needs to evolve as well. When I first started our training was great as it was super focused on video and made me feel like I could win any argument that was video related. Now we are more focused on a lot more channels for brand advertising we need to provide training that allows people to get into the detail that enables us to win, but we also need to provide our workforce with wider context on the "big" marketing problems that we are helping our customers to solve.

Providing this kind of training is tough but would be massively beneficial if we could nail it. I'm not saying we don't already do this, however, we could do it better on a bigger scale that would have tangible business outcomes for the company.

2. "The good reviews about TubeMogul on here are NOT fake"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at TubeMogul for a significant period of time - I would not have stayed this long if I didn't truly believe in the company's vision and culture.

If you're a self starter, enjoy accountability and responsibility this company is for you. I am surrounded by a team that has a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul.

The job can be challenging as TubeMogul are a disruptor in the industry - however when working in a collaborative way with trading desks, agencies, and brands you are able to help shape and implement innovate strategies and achieve marketing objectives.

Cons

TubeMogul has shifted from a start up to a fully fledged company which means various processes have been implemented and changed/improved over time. We have made a conscious effort to ensure culture maintains consistent globally as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focussed on employees personal development.