KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good People

Aug 19, 2020 - Office Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was let go because of the pandemic, but my time at Tubular was great. They are growth minded and let you take ownership of projects while providing proper support. It's a startup so everything happens quickly, but if you can keep up you will learn so much and work with amazing people.

Cons

There is often ambiguity around new tasks and processes, and it's a startup, so it's quite fast paced. You need to be flexible and comfortable defining processes as you go.

2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Revolutionary Remote Onboarding (Become an expert from anywhere!)

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I believe I am competent and intelligent. I believe I can do anything I put my mind to. Yet, I had never started a new job fully remote before, until I did. Very recently. For once, I was not so confident in myself. What if I'm not technically savvy enough to set up my VPN? How will my colleagues get to know me, the real "me" behind the screen? How will I adapt to this new culture and be a valuable member of this tribe? It was scary to think about the numerous "new" things I'd venture into, but much less terrifying in reality when done right. It's been a week and a half into my onboarding at Tubular Labs. Each new day brings more relief, as Human Resources brilliantly provided me with a list of tasks on my first day that outlined exactly what was needed for myself and for my peers over the next weeks and months. Clearly, everyone at the company is responsible for my success and we were all working toward a mutual goal. Hyperlinks, how-to articles, and colleagues of all tenure were at my fingertips for additional help. What would normally have taken a full business day to complete in a boardroom with HR on day one of my employment (setting up direct deposit, understanding benefits, ensuring the right applications were downloaded to my Mac) was completed in just a few short hours. And the best part? I could take coffee breaks in between tasks without worrying about disturbing other new hires. Tubular Labs also weaves in "Bootcamp" so all new hires are properly educated and exposed to the industry. Sessions are lead by a seasoned employee who walks you through the social video world with enthusiasm, expertise, and approachability. It feels more like getting a private tour of sacred lands, where historical facts and hidden treasures are discovered. New hires in Bootcamp work together on small exercises, are encouraged to ask questions, and gain hands-on learning with the Tubular data platform in real time. There's also the culture. I have had more 1:1s with other Tubular Labs employees in my first week of employment than I ever had in 2 or 3 years at previous jobs. I regularly Slack another new hire on the marketing team, have had a virtual afternoon coffee break with our COO, and Zoom with my "onboarding buddy" often about little tips and tricks as I acclimate. There is inclusivity, encouragement to do great things, transparency into expectations and measurements for success and growth. All of this is attainable with no tolerance for ego.

Cons

You won't find any CONS from Tubular Labs. Only opportunities.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great virtual experience so far

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Tubular labs during COVID-19 shut downs and have been pleasantly surprised by how smoothly the company is operating. I was unsure how an entirely virtual onboarding process would go, but it's been wonderful. I've worked for large (Fortune 25) companies that were not as streamlined as Tubular has been; they have a very formal, streamlined process with many tools and comprehension checkpoints. They have also done a good job at keeping the culture strong through events like trivia nights and cookie sampling. The company recognizes the challenges inherent with working from home, and their care for employees is apparent in terms of the resources available in terms of flexibility, expensing supplies, etc.

Cons

No cons, but to address a concern from another poster - Tubular is a company that measures performance across third-party platforms. To that extent, there is an element of product improvements, data, etc is out of their control; I've had no concerns about "shadiness," but have been pleasantly surprised that virtually all the household names in the media/internet industry really trust and rely on this platform, and it seems like those partnerships are just getting stronger. There have been some changes with senior leadership including a new CEO as of February 2020, and I feel strongly that the company has a great trajectory.

4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Tubular Labs.