Tubular Steel - Family oriented company that values communication | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tubular Steel

"Family oriented company that values communication"

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The people who work with you simply value communication and who you are as an individual.
For example, I worked there as an intern last summer and one of the office managers assigned me to redo and update the PowerPoint that showcased how the company operates so it can be showed to prospective clients and new hires as well as having an important accomplishment to slap on my resume. This company deserves all the best and I couldn't have asked for a better work environment.

Cons

To be completely honest, I have been sitting here for a few minutes trying to think of one negative thing about this company. People are great, compensation from what I hear isn't bad, I guess they could probably keep the snack machine stocked a little better but other than that, I had absolutely zero negative experiences for the three months I had worked there.

Advice to Management

As an intern, the management moved me around to different Tubular locations including the warehouse, yards, engineering, and various other sectors. I would say keep that up with the new interns this summer, I really learned a lot!

Other Employee Reviews for Tubular Steel

1. "Quality Place"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Overall, there are many great people in this organization. Management is generally very flexible with their employees allowing them to balance work life and personal life.

Cons

The Executive Leadership constantly changed the direction of the company and the emphasis and this made it difficult to achieve new goals.

Advice to Management

Give plans a chance to succeed before moving on to a new strategy.

2. "Account Manager"

I worked at Tubular Steel full-time

Pros

Tubular Steel has a family atmosphere with management that was very flexible with my out of work schedule. This allowed me to maintain my out of work commitments which extremely important to me.

Cons

Management was always changing the direction for our organization. They would want to focus on one market for a few months and then there would be a dramatic shift. It was very frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to establish a direction for the company and stick to it. Also, management could be a little more transparent with the organization about what is going on with the company.