Tufts University - teaching assistant | Glassdoor

"teaching assistant"

Pros

work load, academic environment, location

Cons

limited number of majors and space

Other Employee Reviews for Tufts University

1. "Good people"

Pros

The people are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Located in downtown Boston, very easy to commute to.

Cons

Lack of funding in the lab, Lack of a support staff when you have questions. I often find myself having questions and nobody to answer them.

"effective people paying for mistakes of former high level people"

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Tufts University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best things about working here are the benefits, including access to classes, recreational facilities and on campus special events. The second best thing is the camaraderie with and learning opportunities afforded by awesome co-workers, faculty and students.

Cons

Like others have alluded to, lots of changes and talk of restructuring now. I see mistakes and gains of the past being willfully ignored for a new silver bullet that will save our future. At the same time, I see dysfunctional and unqualified managers being coddled and allowed to carry on, causing strife and grief to others. I see high level new positions being hired for as yet to be determined benefits. Stay tuned..

Advice to Management

Take personnel problems seriously. Ignoring them or trying to help will not make them better. Accept that some people cannot change and cut your losses. Don't protect the highest level problems at the expense of others.