Tumi - Great pay, novices in management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tumi

"Great pay, novices in management"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Tumi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty competitive for retail. There's a 50% discount and lots of opportunity to earn bonus and product incentives. Really nice, caring people-- I can honestly say my coworkers began to feel like family.

Cons

Staff at the store level is insanely small. Often I worked alone. You do everything in the store from sales to shipping/receiving to cleaning & merchandising. Our store had 3 employees total: manager, assistant, and associate. After a while, you get tired of spending entire evenings alone in an empty store waiting for customers. Furthermore, if one employee decides to leave (it happens in retail!) you're thrown into a lurch where you all work crazy hours until someone else gets hired. Can't really call in sick since you're working alone-- so you have to call in another employee yourself. Sales goals keep going up and up, but there's never any re-investment in the staff.

Advice to Management

If you want sales to increase, invest in a slightly larger staff. Probably 1 or 2 20-30 hours per week people would be all it takes. You'll see an increase in happiness amongst your employees and you'll be able to capture business that's lost when 2 customers need assistance in a store with 1 employee on duty. Bigger staff means people can use their vacation time, have help completing daily tasks, and just have a better work environment that isn't so mind-crushingly lonely.

Other Employee Reviews for Tumi

1. "Boring"

I have been working at Tumi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the bonus structure is awesome. Tumi has very interesting customer base.

Cons

open positions posted are not really open- upper management has favorites. Very boring sales floor most of the time.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the front line that represents you and take care of them in other ways than just money

"Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Tumi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, company is growing at lightning speed and always looking to promote from within, full support from corporate partners.

Cons

None, I am very happy at Tumi!

Advice to Management

Continue on the path we are taking!