Turn - Great culture, great technology | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Turn

"Great culture, great technology"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative culture, transparency between upper level management and the rest of the company, positioned in up-and-coming big data industry, free food and massage

Cons

Display advertising never sleeps. Network problems could potentially arise in the middle of the night, and depending on your role, you may have to address it right away. Turn is almost there in terms of outsourcing the monitoring and maintenance, but it's not quite there yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Turn

"Best company I've ever worked at"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Turn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture with daily catered lunch, flexible vacation, gym reimbursement, beautiful offices, and organizational transparency. Some of the smartest people I've met at any tech company, from the assistants to the exec board. Pay is above market. Stock options included for a company that is growing very fast and destined for a successful and exciting exit.

Cons

very lengthy and thorough interview process, which can also be viewed as a Pro

Advice to Management

Even as the headcount of the company grows, continue to maintain the very high quality of new employees

"Great and friendly people, interesting work, and management that looks out for you"

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome friendly, mature yet young-at-heart people. Advice and expertise are freely given. Everyone functions as a team, and politics seldom if ever get in the way. Nothing is shrouded from the employees. All business decisions as well as financial information is readily available and distributed so that everyone feels in the loop. Great work problems, with the ability to work on your own projects if you choose. A responsive management that works hard to make things better for the employees.

Cons

I have a wish-list a mile long of things I would like to do. We are getting through it, but if only we had more people...

Advice to Management

More flexibility on the timeline once a project is underway. I have already communicated this with management and discussions are happening.