Turn - Excellent Place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Turn

"Excellent Place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time

Pros

I worked here over two months and find it a place to work. The people here are talented, friendly and like to share with you. The manager cares about you personal growth. The benefit here is great, better than most of companies I know. There are many actives to make you enjoy the life. Work-life balance is great.

Cons

I haven't find something that make me feel uncomfortable.

Other Employee Reviews for Turn

"How to ruin a company in 6 months..."

I worked at Turn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prorgrammatic advertising is where digital advertising will continue to move towards. Turn still remains a main player in the digital marketing automation space despite very fierce competition.

Cons

Where to begin...
    The CEO has an obsession with being a SAAS company. Unfortunately, 99.99% of the Turn revenue comes from media and media is not bought in a SAAS format nor will it be any time soon.
    Only listening to the voices in his head instead of credible advice, he pushed out this big software company strategy, replacing many of the old guard and bringing in SAAS executives over the past year to transform the company.
    The biggest mistake of them all was hiring the new SVP of sales and operations who completely rolled out a reorganization plan of sales, operations and services at the start of the new year. Mind you, those areas had grown the company 100% or more YOY, he tried to fix something that was not broken at all all because he wanted to prove his value.
    All that did was cause expenses to soar, more "SAAS-minded" people who haven't contributed a thing join the company, morale to nosedive and people to leave in droves.
    You know there is a problem when the top sales guy, top account manager and one of the up and coming services people leaves in the past few weeks alone not to mention the engineering masses that have headed and will continue to head for the exits.
    I'm sure top-line company revenue has grown this year, but expenses have outpaced it and this space is growing so rapidly that it would be hard for it not to grow especially with double the sales people.
    Meanwhile the competition is out to eat Turn's lunch and they are. Competitors have been innovating rapidly, are much easier to work with and much more nimble which has allowed them to beat out Turn for business left and right.

Advice to Management

I think some of management needs to move on for Turn to be successful most notably the CEO and this SVP. To those that remain, you should get the company back to having great morale with an industry leading product with people who are psyched to come to work in the morning.

"could have gone the right direction and led the industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Turn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

used to have leading products and talents to lead the indurstry

Cons

Most people disagree with management team will get hammered or be plotted against. No more innovation. Top down driven management team who copycat competitors idea, transitioning from leading position to a mediocre follower. An incapable CEO who are trusting his familiar ears but not the ground people is doomed to be found out.

Turn Response

Jul 28, 2014 – Communications Manager

Turn takes the input and concerns of our employees very seriously, and we work to provide frequent opportunities for candid feedback and dialogue with management, from our interactive company... More