Turner Broadcasting - Good work environment, good benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Turner Broadcasting

"Good work environment, good benefits"

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

Pros

The benefits and the work atmosphere are very good. It's a friendly, laid back place with a good vibe in general. They do work to provide career development opportunities better than other companies I've worked for.

Cons

There seems to be too many people with decision making ability and not enough communication between them. Some projects seem disjointed at times because of this because you get different instruction from different people.

Advice to Management

Better direction within departments. A more centralized approach to managing the departments. It seems somewhat dispersed in its current form.

Other Employee Reviews for Turner Broadcasting

"Challenging and fun while maintaining excellent work\life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

- Diverse workforce and appealing work culture
    - Exciting technology and challenging projects
    - Impetus on work life balance

Cons

- Lack of transparency in the employee grade structure
    - Some parts still in transition to "big company" work style

"It's a very good company to work for, as long as you're under the right management."

Current Employee - Associate Producer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Producer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits, good learning experience.

Cons

Some people in there know how to work the system to their benefit. If these individuals are on the top of the chain (especially as your manager) they will make your life miserable; work on vacation, do unnecessary work and stay up until 2 in the morning at least 3 times a week and still get yelled at kind of miserable.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of people who work for this company, and it's hard to keep track of who you've hired and what kind of work they have been doing. My entire team has been miserable and that is due to the way our manager treats and abuses us. I have spoken to HR about this problem and I later learned that other employees in the network have done the same. This is a great company and the job is my dream job. However, it's a shame that we wake up in the morning expecting to be yelled at about either a minute mistake (which is common when we're overworked like we have been) or a mistake that we didn't even make (i.e.: reading my manager's mind). We have been completely cut off to any information about the network's progress and are assigned projects without any explanation.

Enough with the complaints. I would either have HR meet with all employees (no managers involved), and ask them how they feel about their managers. or I would make the online survey about your manager mandatory.