Turner Broadcasting - Awesome Place | Glassdoor

"Awesome Place"

Current Employee - Account Service Rep in New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Service Rep in New York, NY

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very lucky to start my career with such an amazing company. The benefits are top-notch, the people are some of my closest friends, and the environment sets you up for success!

Cons

None so far - I am newer to the company so as I advance I'm sure the cons will be exposed!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for Turner Broadcasting

"Abusive"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, and some interesting projects.

Cons

I had worked at Turner for a good many years, and then the management changed. The new management did everything they could to get rid of good employees. Four of my co-workers, all of whom had been with the company over 8 years, abruptly left the company. Then a year later, I did the same. I was given impossible assignments and set up to fail, and then given a "performance warning." Before then, I had never had problems getting satisfactory annual reviews. I also knew a guy working in a different department who had a terribly abusive boss--even worse than mine. Anyway, this place is toxic--stay far, far away. I feel sorry for my co-workers who are still working there. One of them is only working there because the company pays for insanely expensive medicine for his wife; he told me that otherwise, he would have left a long time ago.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing employees.

"Decent work environment, flexible work/life balance, little opportunity for growth due to stagnant staff/management."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible when it comes to work life balance, as long as you get your work done management doesn't check the time clock punches.

Cons

One major concern/issue that I have, at least I see it as an major issue, is it is nearly impossible to be fired for performance reasons alone. Fading skill sets with little to no motivation to learn and stay current = very stagnant and dull work environment.

Advice to Management

Mid-level management has been in the same roles for my entire tenure and have grown complacent and content with how things are and are unwilling to take any risks or jump out on a limb for something they believe in, motivate them to change and with it the cultural change you desire will follow.