Turner Construction - Nice company | Glassdoor

"Nice company"

Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Turner Construction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get access to learning invaluable information. The company is not afraid of letting you take on big projects to complete. If you do a good job the company will refer you to other location(s). Btw, the company is located all over the US. I had the opportunity of being referred to the DC office after my internship in Columbus, Ohio.

Cons

If your not familiar with construction terminology at times it will seem overwhelming but hang in there you will eventually pick it up. Ask lots of questions.

Advice to Management

The hourly salary should raise with the number of internships completed. Ex. if I completed an internship in 2010 then came back in 2011 interns should get a pay increase because you want us just as bad as we want you.

Other Employee Reviews for Turner Construction

1. "Great Company that could be Outstanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Turner Construction full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Is always on the cutting edge of technology and new concepts for construction. A lot of opportunity to learn these new concepts and other knowledge from experienced staff. Conp,any has a large office network and diverse background in different market segments.

Cons

Very poor at giving opportunities to younger and highly capable staff to become project managers or senior project managers. Turner looses their competitiveness in the market by having to much overhead and layers of management that is not needed. This has restricted the promotion of extremely talented staff and has given the competitive edge to other companies. Older staff can also lack the capacity to change or listen to new concepts.

2. "It was challenging and sometimes very stressful. However, it offers a great environment to work that never gets dull."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Turner Construction as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great. It is very team oriented. It never gets dull.

Cons

can become very stressful at times, you may have to drive up to 2 hours away from home