Turnitin - The most amazing educational technology company on earth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Turnitin

"The most amazing educational technology company on earth"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No boiler room sales style environment. I feel a sense of pride, accomplishment and excitement about selling Turnitin and iThenticate. Great work-life balance and great benefits.
Excited about the company future growth.

Cons

There are always challenges in any work environment especially in a quota driven Inside Sales Account Manager position.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring about adding new products to the iParadigms offerings in the future.I am proud to see the evolution of Turnitin over the years.

Other Employee Reviews for Turnitin

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for a number of years now, and seen the company grow, I believe the company does a lot to look after the employees that work hard. They treat all employees fairly and listen to employees when a problem occurs.

Cons

I think sometimes there is still a gap between the US and remote offices, I do believe this gap is becoming less and less, but sometimes it can be frustrating as the remote offices have the skills but often are left to help rather than lead.

Advice to Management

I think Management need to work on closing the gap between the remote offices and US. The Big projects often happen in the US and the remote offices are left to help rather than lead

Turnitin Response

Dec 1, 2017 – CTO

Thank you very much for the great review. I really appreciate your feedback about treating employees fairly - this is extremely important to us and I am glad you believe it is one of our company... More

"Oasis"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Turnitin is like an Oasis in the employment landscape of the North East of England. Everyone who works at turnitin is made to feel valued and the company actually cares about it's staff, often going out of it's way to make sure that we are happy and fulfilled. The work life balance offered by the company is second to none. I feel lucky to work here.

Cons

Like most companies, there are some internal politics but this very minimal compared to every other places I have worked. The company sometimes lacks a little direction but this is probably down the speed of its expansion.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people, while working hard to maintain the culture and you can't go wrong.

Turnitin Response

Oct 11, 2017 – VP, Product

Thanks so much for your feedback. The culture of Turnitin is really important to the entire company and something we are all proud of. The company direction is also key of course. As we've grown... More