Turnitin - The most amazing educational technology company on earth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Turnitin

"The most amazing educational technology company on earth"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No boiler room sales style environment. I feel a sense of pride, accomplishment and excitement about selling Turnitin and iThenticate. Great work-life balance and great benefits.
Excited about the company future growth.

Cons

There are always challenges in any work environment especially in a quota driven Inside Sales Account Manager position.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring about adding new products to the iParadigms offerings in the future.I am proud to see the evolution of Turnitin over the years.

Other Employee Reviews for Turnitin

"Nice place to work, things getting better"

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Turnitin has the perfect combination of corporate and educational environments. I've worked in education before, and it has the laid back feeling that you get working at universities, while also not having the pointless feeling that your work doesn't really affect anything like you do at a university. If you work hard and are engaged, there are definitely chances for advancement. Not everyone can be a manager, but there are plenty of levels you can advance if you ask for guidance on how you can improve to get there. Contrary to other reviews on here, the C-levels are actually very approachable - the CEO and CTO have an open door policy and are more than happy to take the time to listen to your concerns. In my opinion, people that think they are unapproachable haven't tried.

Cons

Moving away from an unlimited sick policy really chapped my hide. There were a few people who took advantage of that, which could have been dealt with on an individual level, instead of punishing the whole company - the loss of unlimited sick time really affects people with children and should strongly be reconsidered, as we are not a company with real shares to entice new hires - unlimited sick time is definitely a huge draw that we no longer have.

Advice to Management

Bring back unlimited sick time. Train your managers in people management. Stick to decisions and stop killing projects for seemingly no reason.

Turnitin Response

Dec 8, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you have had a positive experience thus far! Our move from unlimited sick time to a defined sick time policy was put in place to allow employees the ... More

"Good until you have some sort of rank"

I worked at Turnitin full-time

Pros

Great place to start. People are friendly. Everyone wants to stop plagiarism!

Cons

After a while, you'll see the internal power struggles and will be placed on a side (us vs them thinking). It's a hostile work environment in disguise. The Customer Success management is no good because talking crap behind your back and backstabbing. The HR Leadership is no good because Top leaders don't really listen to an individual employee. It's more of a "herd" satisfaction where some people get some might be satisfied, but others are upset. Sales team is a revolving door. The product has a volley of bugs.