Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Freelancer

Account never got reinstated for not showing up to "practice session"

May 17, 2021 - Online Math Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling. Convenient tutoring. Whiteboard is easy to use.

Cons

Strict for no reason. Could be hard to find students to tutor.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love this company

Jun 29, 2021 - Online Tutor in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and flexible schedule. Once you’re completely cleared you’re pretty much guaranteed students that are scheduled for you as well as the ability to schedule private students for yourself from regular internet traffic. Staff is responsive and helpful.

Cons

The work is seasonal but as an education worker, you know that going into it.

2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great management, very flexible

Jun 27, 2021 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Let me first say that the other reviews must be talking about the old management, because the current management (Susanna and Sarah) is INCREDIBLE. They were always quick to respond (usually within minutes) to any calls, texts, or emails. They were super organized, always had my back in the case of any conflicts with parents, and genuinely cared about all the students. The job itself is very flexible. Some tutors only take a few hours, but you can get a lot if you want. I wanted as many hours as possible and was able to get up to 30 hours a week during peak season. I was signed up as a K-10 math (up to Alg 2 and geometry) and English tutor as well as elementary/middle science and social studies. Math seems to be the most in-demand subject, so I would recommend tutoring that if you need hours. Other things: you can pick your own hours, you can take sick days if you need to (they arrange substitutes), you work from home ofc which is nice! I tutored all PACyber students and they have renewed that contract, so there are plenty of kids! Should be even more for next year too. You get paid once a month. Note: to be successful, you need a computer with a webcam, a mic, and preferably a touchscreen (with a stylus). I already had a touchscreen laptop which was perfect and I just bought a cheap stylus.

Cons

The pay is mid-range for a tutoring company ($14) and it's a contract position so they don't withhold taxes or provide benefits. Since the rate doesn't seem to ever increase, you probably just want this as a interim/side job.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TutaPoint.com.