KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Contractor

Awesome Quick Money

Oct 16, 2021 - Advanced Tutor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Earn quick money at your convenience from home. This is definitely a huge plus if you are a student. 2. Schedule yourself, at your own pace. 3. Learn how to work with others. It may help you in your professional line as well.

Cons

Higher salary would be nice.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Welcoming and Supporting Workplace with Room to Grow

Dec 2, 2021 - Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Tutor.com has helped me grow personally and professionally. Their employees are well-supported, offered opportunities to contribute and to advance, and continuously have opportunities to earn bonuses for multiple reasons. Management is very supportive, and they all have been wonderful to work with.

Cons

I have no cons to present. I do wish that the pay was a little more competitive; however, there are opportunities to advance.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job with Flexible Hours

Dec 1, 2021 - English Writing Tutor in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent job helping students achieve academic success in their written work. The hours are flexible and fit into a part-time schedule. Bonuses are offered for specific hours when student traffic is high. Tutor technical support is efficient. Great, long-established brand with responsive mentors. I plan to work here for a long time in the future. I am happy with the flexible hours and the paycheck I earn for the work I perform for tutor.com. I highly recommend this top-quality company to any teacher who wants to further their tutoring skills.

Cons

Two of the biggest downsides have to do with students who try to game the system. The first is concerned with students who want us to review their work yet do not participate in the review process. It is as if they are away from the screen expecting tutors to review their work and give them results, or even do the work for them. I have had students tell me to make corrections for them. They assume that is what we are being paid to do. However, that is not our purpose. Another customer issue involves students who are told to improve their work and immediately request another session with a different tutor without first correcting their work. Students should be aware that we read what previous tutors have commented and are likely to return the papers to them with the same or similar comments that previous tutors have made. Both issues are customer issues rather than management issues. An important management issue is the Async sessions. When performing asynchronous reviews, the classroom prescripts could be available to insert into the SFF. Currently, the use of prescripts is strictly a chat function. Even using the copy and paste function to insert the prescript into the form would help eliminate the need for a lot of repetitive typing since quite a few students have similar opportunities to improve their work.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Tutor.com.