Twilio - Great people, fun challenges, exciting to be a part of a rapidly growing company in technology | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

"Great people, fun challenges, exciting to be a part of a rapidly growing company in technology"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are not limited by bureaucracy; if you have an idea that would improve your work, you are generally always encouraged to execute it

Cons

Company is huge, slowly losing its startup feel

Advice to Management

More social events!

Other Employee Reviews for Twilio

1. "Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture and people here are great and really make the company. Fantastic place to work. Really enjoyed my experience.

Cons

none that I can think of.

"Epic internship experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Twilio offers a dream internship experience from start to finish. HR was super helpful during the recruiting process, interns are on-boarded with full-time employees, and all interns work on projects/products that are core to the company (rather than intern side projects that never see the light of day). Twilio values its interns, a fact underscored repeatedly. For example, Jeff Lawson (CEO & co-founder) sat down with us on the first day for an information session and then hosted a intern breakfast chat a few weeks into the internship.

As is the case in most companies, the quality of the experience is highly dependent on the quality of the people, another category where Twilio = winning. My manager gave me the freedom to own meaty projects and drive them forward. Other team members drew me in on their projects and made me feel like an integral part of the team.

All employees enjoy the perks that you can find at other companies (free meals, gym and Kindle allowance, weekly chair massages in the office, etc.). These benefits are great (obviously!), but would be hollow without the company's genuine commitment to making its core values come alive.

I'm betting that Twilio will only get better as it grows and I would highly encourage others to try to jump on this ship. I know I will!

Cons

The company is growing quickly and such rapid change can cause growing pains. Luckily the company seems to be ahead of the curve in terms of protecting/maintaining a strong culture, integrating new employees, etc.

Advice to Management

Find ways to get feedback from employees about their experience. Foster cross-team relationship building. Continue to communicate transparently and candidly about the company.