Twilio - Internship | Glassdoor

"Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture and people here are great and really make the company. Fantastic place to work. Really enjoyed my experience.

Cons

none that I can think of.

Other Employee Reviews for Twilio

"Epic internship experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Twilio offers a dream internship experience from start to finish. HR was super helpful during the recruiting process, interns are on-boarded with full-time employees, and all interns work on projects/products that are core to the company (rather than intern side projects that never see the light of day). Twilio values its interns, a fact underscored repeatedly. For example, Jeff Lawson (CEO & co-founder) sat down with us on the first day for an information session and then hosted a intern breakfast chat a few weeks into the internship.

As is the case in most companies, the quality of the experience is highly dependent on the quality of the people, another category where Twilio = winning. My manager gave me the freedom to own meaty projects and drive them forward. Other team members drew me in on their projects and made me feel like an integral part of the team.

All employees enjoy the perks that you can find at other companies (free meals, gym and Kindle allowance, weekly chair massages in the office, etc.). These benefits are great (obviously!), but would be hollow without the company's genuine commitment to making its core values come alive.

I'm betting that Twilio will only get better as it grows and I would highly encourage others to try to jump on this ship. I know I will!

Cons

The company is growing quickly and such rapid change can cause growing pains. Luckily the company seems to be ahead of the curve in terms of protecting/maintaining a strong culture, integrating new employees, etc.

Advice to Management

Find ways to get feedback from employees about their experience. Foster cross-team relationship building. Continue to communicate transparently and candidly about the company.

2. "Incredible People & Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough about the people that work at Twilio. It's an incredible team of hard working passionate people that embrace their coworkers. And they're a lot of fun: corn hole tournaments in the office, social work environment, dinners on Wednesday nights with fascinating speakers, and fun events of all types for foodies, techies, the outdoorsy, gamers and everything in between.

There is also incredibly opportunity because of an incredible platform and relentless innovation. Management is very accessible and an incredible wealth of knowledge (especially Jeff Lawson and Bobby Napiltonia).

Great training and on-boarding process (across departments) that welcomes you to the company, trains you with a great skill set, and familiarizes you with the people and product that make up the company.

Cons

You will be working hard and sometimes long hours, but it's well worth it.

There are always processes that can be made more efficient (especially inter-departmental processes), but the company is always actively seeking to improve these.

Advice to Management

Keep the great work environment, culture, and benefits that help you set a high bar for employees.