Twilio - Taste the Kool-Aid before diving in! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

"Taste the Kool-Aid before diving in!"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twilio as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

* 2 of the most tech-savvy, on-the-ball, market-aware and inspiring Senior Engineering Management I have ever worked with in my career
* 2 of the most jaw-dropping, outstanding-in-all-areas and straight-shooting Software Engineers I have ever worked with in my career
* Incredible learning and social networking opportunities for interns and new grads
* Networking and learning opportunities available through invited Tech Industry speakers

Cons

* Rare instances of extremely inexperienced Tech Leads moving into Line Management. Character insecurities translate into Passing-the-Buck for issues; while Taking the Credit for successful design and code from others
* On-Call Production Support Duty for some of the Legacy Code stack has become a 'four-letter-word' for those who are married and/or have children
* Drive to ship fast and frequently works best with experienced Tech Leads. Otherwise, major technical debt and production support risk is/has been incurred
* Test Environment and Product Deployment processes and tools need cross-team accountability for any serious progress in reliability and usability.

Advice to Management

* Vet your potential Leaders for character consistency. Adaptability applies for technical areas, but not for character. Nobody wants to work for an (A__Hole).
* On Company Values: Watch the Guardians, Owls of Ga'Hoole.
Consider its message for your employees, and their families.

Other Employee Reviews for Twilio

"Professional Growth Opportunities and Happy People Abound!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been given more opportunities to take on responsibility here than any job in the past. When you deliver here, it is recognized and rewarded. I am very proud to be a member of this amazing team of achievers and I'm excited to come into to work here each day.

Cons

High growth can sometimes lead to growing pains. Sometimes we can be a bit inefficient as we're figuring out responsibilities and onboarding new employees.

2. "Great people, fun challenges, exciting to be a part of a rapidly growing company in technology"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are not limited by bureaucracy; if you have an idea that would improve your work, you are generally always encouraged to execute it

Cons

Company is huge, slowly losing its startup feel

Advice to Management

More social events!