Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

May 14, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

inclusive culture that works arm in arm to improve our customer's experiences

Cons

growing fast and getting whole org alignment is hard. Growing pains with product planning.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Jul 26, 2021 - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits - Work from home flexibility - Supportive managers - Fun team environment - Good RSU and ESPP options

Cons

- Expect to spend at-least a year in inbound role before moving to out-bounding role - Can see changing career paths

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's Finally a place to call home

Jul 8, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm a recruiter here at Twilio that started off as a contractor and got converted within 6 months. So while it was scary to be a contractor, my hard work paid off and I really feel like my manager has my back. I would say pay is pretty competitive and I love that EVERYONE employed at Twilio gets stocks. We have great perks like gym, phone, book, desk set up reimbursements. But what I really love about this company is that I don't feel like a resource and I actually feel like I'm making a difference and that I 'count'. This company carries a lot of empathy from what I have seen. We had a snow storm in Austin, TX in Feb and they gave everyone $1K to go get a hotel room to stay warm. We also have two mental health weeks to take off in August and September that was just implemented. Basically the entire company shuts down. I feel very lucky to be employed at Twilio and the people I have placed have told me that they to feel lucky and that they hadn't been this happy at a company in a long time so I know it's not me as I always solicit feedback from people I have recruited here.

Cons

As a recruiter, we are growing at a RAPID pace so there are tons of jobs and it's a lot of work but to be honest, I love my job so it doesn't seem like work to me.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Twilio.