Twin Technologies - Bleeding edge | Glassdoor

"Bleeding edge"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Twin Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

very sharp coworkers and great team spirit

Cons

project planning needs more up front work

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in the trenches

Other Employee Reviews for Twin Technologies

"Solid, experienced software engineers who care about their work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous
    Current Contractor - Anonymous

I have been working at Twin Technologies as a contractor

Pros

I've been w Twin for 3.5 years, and the level of engineering here is top-notch. Its common to be on a project team with several senior developers, each with 15+ years experience. These are people who really know the tech, and what works. The projects are intensive, and require architecting skills well beyond the usual. I feel privileged to work alongside system architects, developers, designers and PMs who genuinely care about their clients, and from whom I learn on a daily basis. Also Twin has a solid communication strategy which enables you to work remotely.

Cons

As projects come and go, it can be a bit chaotic. Depending on the schedule, workload can get intense.

Advice to Management

Ability to work remotely and to learn/move to new positions is an important part of the attraction here. Suggest continuing to encourage that in the company brown-bags.

"Sr. Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

Pros

Amazing people, work-life balance, culture, work, client-base. Twin Technologies, Inc has changed my life for the better. I used to commute 45 mins each way everyday or more (i know its not that bad), but the opportunity Twin has provided for me, doing what I love, from the comforts of my home office. I can't say enough about the leadership and the people. Its a pleasure hiring people for Twin. The Twin company meetups twice or more a year really help to get some face time together and get to know each other even more. I love what we stand for and I love what we do for our clients.

Cons

We are not all in the same room, building, etc. But... we use lots of technology and tools to help mitigate too many communication issues. We are always staying up to date with the latest tools for this and constantly trying to improve.