Twin Technologies - If you're looking for great work, culture and balance, look no further. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twin Technologies

"If you're looking for great work, culture and balance, look no further."

Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Lima, WI
Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Lima, WI

Pros

Great people, super smart, genuine, approachable executive team who have create a company with the best culture I've seen in my 20 year career. The company focus is on work-life balance, with a lot of remote work. The projects are interesting, exciting, impactful. There's so much scope for growth for those who are hungry to experiment, and push the envelope and the people you work with are class acts. The company values openness, honesty, dedication, craftmanship and is full of smart, innovative people. It's a great place to work, with great opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes feel we could benefit from a bit more technical guidance, though this is a pro as well as a con, as it means we're not a shop with a pre-fabricated "way" of doing things, and that teams have a lot of autonomy. Though I would love to see more guidelines for technical aspects of projects.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work, and keep maintaining and improving the culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Twin Technologies

1. "Challenging remote job with competitive pay"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Twin Technologies as a contractor

Pros

Twin projects are always super interesting and cutting edge. If you want to learn the best practices on newest technologies, get working with Twin. They have been working as a primarily remote company for a decade now and have refined the workflow and process. They are especially appreciative of talent and thoughtful developers.

Cons

Sometimes Twin will let you bite off more then you can chew. Being remote means you have to spend more effort being curious and connecting with upstream management and clients then a typical development shop.

2. "I love my Job"

Current Employee - Operations Manager and Partner Development in Morristown, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager and Partner Development in Morristown, NY

Pros

Get to work remotely. I live in a place where there is not much work, and I can work from home and only travel a few times per year. Opportunity - you can define your own career if you work hard and produce client value. Great Team - everyone I work with is like my family, they are all real focused on the success as a team, and when we meet up it is always a great time. Good Salary - they pay me what I think I deserve. Good Clients - Under Armour, DOL, Adobe, and others. Unlimited PTO policy. People willing to work with you to mentor you and grow your career.

Cons

Working at home takes discipline and not everyone can handle it. It sometimes can feel like you are detached from the world spending time at home and not seeing coworkers everyday. Twin is demanding and if you put in the effort to keep up with new technology and provide value for the client, you will do great - if you sit on your laurels and do the bare minimum, or don't work well with a team - you won't last long.

Advice to Management

None - I agree with how the company is managed. Our current Executive team is first-class. I have been here 7 years and over that time we have had missteps - but we have always been able to learn and grow from those mistakes.

Twin Technologies Response

Feb 3, 2016 – Director of HR

I love the title of this review. It is great to hear that you love life at Twin! The collaborative, team oriented environment is the cornerstone of our culture. I agree with you, working remotely... More