Twitch - Pre vs Post Aquisition | Glassdoor

"Pre vs Post Aquisition"

Current Employee - Partnerships in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Partnerships in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with like minded individuals that will push you to be a better worker. I consider everyone on my team to be my extended family. This also seems to be the mentality of most employees within the partnerships department.

Access to a great benefits including a monthly gym membership, a monthly massage (sometimes more than once a month), and as many drinks/snacks you can have.

Cons

Compensation is exceptionally terrible for the Partnerships team. You would think that you would be more valued when taking care of broadcasters that keep the site up and running, but it doesn't look like this happens consistently.

The work/life balance is sometimes non-existent. It's as if your job doesn't have an off switch at times, which would sting a little less if the compensation matched.

Advice to Management

Build employees up and guide them into a career path you think they would excel in. Present them with opportunities to show their value, and pay them competitively.

I've seen so many individuals within different verticals just get stuck without much growth and eventually leave the company I love, and it sucks to see that.

Feb 21, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely sharing with the exec team and will discuss further with them. If you want to reach out to me directly, please feel free to do so. - Arthur Yamamoto... More

Other Employee Reviews for Twitch

"Great people and perks, but keep people motivated."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is definitely on the same page in terms of expectations, and work-life balance. Amazing and fun people to work with, and some of the best perks in the industry.

Cons

As a part of Amazon, starting to do things that seem counter to what Twitch is about. A lot of moving pieces and projects with seemingly little cohesion. Complacency has definitely set in on some levels.

Advice to Management

Keep people motivated and give them a chance to grow! Limited room for advancement with the current (Amazon) structure, and little care for professional growth. Would be great to be engaged in what I do, and working toward something.

Apr 5, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to chat further with you if you're game. Not sure what "Amazon Structure" would prevent advancement, would love to hear your thoughts. - Arthur... More

"Gamers!"

Pros

-Gamers
    -Passionate workers
    -great community
    Everything about Twitch is amazing, they care

Cons

I haven't had any complaints

Apr 5, 2017