Twitch - Great people and perks, but keep people motivated. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twitch

"Great people and perks, but keep people motivated."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is definitely on the same page in terms of expectations, and work-life balance. Amazing and fun people to work with, and some of the best perks in the industry.

Cons

As a part of Amazon, starting to do things that seem counter to what Twitch is about. A lot of moving pieces and projects with seemingly little cohesion. Complacency has definitely set in on some levels.

Advice to Management

Keep people motivated and give them a chance to grow! Limited room for advancement with the current (Amazon) structure, and little care for professional growth. Would be great to be engaged in what I do, and working toward something.

Apr 5, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to chat further with you if you're game. Not sure what "Amazon Structure" would prevent advancement, would love to hear your thoughts. - Arthur Yamamoto... More

Other Employee Reviews for Twitch

"Looking back at almost 2 years at Twitch"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay if you join now. Typical benefits of startups

Cons

A year ago, I left a negative review hoping that Twitch would move in a positive direction.

While I agree with many opinions here that an Amazon takeover is imminent, I would argue that an Amazon takeover is the only way Twitch will survive into the coming years.

Twitch execs have proved that they are unable or unwilling to steer the company in the right direction. They lack the means or ability or authority to unify Twitch under one vision and direction. The countless failed features, products, and expansions are indicative of the total dysfunction, particularly in engineering, of Twitch. We still operate in a shout loudest get attention environment, we still cannot coordinate, we still cannot come to an agreement on any sort of standard or baseline. We cannot even properly hold a new hire Eng edu class because nobody can agree on what to teach or how to properly do things.

As a side note, it's absolutely unacceptable that a director chooses to walk around the office with no shoes or socks. Or run up and down the hall like a giggling child.

On compensation, it's insane the salary disparity here. Basically anyone hired roughly the year since the acquisition is woefully underpaid. It's an uphill battle to try to promote or even increase salary. Yet, new and unproven employees are given ludicrous salaries and hiring managers are basically told, "it's just a number".

I welcome Amazon. While it'd be great to keep Twitch culture alive, I'd rather be unhappy but functional than unhappy AND dysfunctional. More to the point, Twitch culture is just a formality now - a way to trick star struck people to join the company. It's already gone, might as well move on and at least try make Twitch functional.

Advice to Management

We are in desperate need of a CTO. We need a CEO that understands hwo to run a company not a startup CEO.

Mar 6, 2017

Appreciate the feedback. I sincerely encourage you to talk further with our VP of HR or myself. I will absolutely make sure your feedback is relayed to the exec team. I hope to chat with you... More

"Gamers!"

Pros

-Gamers
    -Passionate workers
    -great community
    Everything about Twitch is amazing, they care

Cons

I haven't had any complaints

Apr 5, 2017