Twitch - Why I love working at Twitch | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "And the work/life balance is pretty good, people rarely work nights or weekends on my team at least" (in 14 reviews)

• "And if you're into it, we get great perks and good Amazon benefits" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are growing pains with every high-growth company, but the recent re-org and company vision seems to address these issues" (in 12 reviews)

• "Because of mandates from upper management pushing a product or idea because they think it will drive minutes" (in 8 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Why I love working at Twitch"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been an Engineering Manager at Twitch for over 2 years. I’ve had a long career and I can now say that this is one of the most enjoyable work experiences I have ever had. Why?

The people are passionate about the product, focusing on success of both creators and viewers.

People have the best intentions here, collaborate and pitch in across teams to get stuff done and don’t just think about what’s in it for me. I’ve seen the land grab type of org, this is not that way.

The hiring process is rigorous. If you get a job here you are smart and capable.

The company has been growing incredibly fast and this has opened up opportunities for those who want to grow into new, bigger roles. I’ve promoted multiple devs to SDE II and SDE III and had an SDE become an SDM.

It’s fun working with cool, nice people on a fun product. And yes, the new office is amazing and the food is off the charts.

Cons

Need more cross org shared dev processes and support.

It’s easy to gain weight.

Advice to Management

Continue working to bring more cross org alignment. Solicit input from directors and managers for company wide process changes.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great for engineers, bad for non-tech"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- exciting market and product
    - great office
    - flexible work schedule

Cons

- non-tech roles are paid poorly and taken for granted
    - non-tech workload is crushing
    - leadership is arrogant

Advice to Management

Remember what you are and are NOT an expert in. Avoid designing key company processes by committee (or based on what your last company did) and let your experts do their jobs.

2. "Great product, great food, no growth"

I worked at Twitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work environment with a strong emphasis on inclusivity and diversity. Awesome catered meals 3x a day. It's a product that people love and will likely continue to increase in popularity.

Cons

Lack of opportunities for growth, both in terms of title and salary. Most of the employees who were instrumental in building the brand and beloved by the community have been let go, pushed out, or demoted, with new management bringing in lots of new hires from their former companies. As a result the culture has shifted away from being a place where every streamer knew someone on staff to more of a corporate vibe given those lack of connections.

Advice to Management

Look at ways to help turn the existing staff who have contributed a lot to the brand into leaders, rather than constantly bringing in new leadership above them. This would ensure they have opportunities to grow, increase their revenue, and can maintain important bonds with the community they have worked so closely with.

Discover more reviews about Twitch.