Twitter - Fun place to work in! | Glassdoor

"Fun place to work in!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart and dedicated people.

Cons

Long commute for some people.

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

1. "Great team, product, and lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Twitter hands down has the best people I've ever worked with, and I've worked at several of the Valley's top technology companies. It's also awesome to be helping build a product that has extreme name recognition, and not as a privacy-destroying, all-consuming behemoth. The perks are pretty sweet (at least at HQ), and with the growth rate the company is experiencing people seem to get as much opportunity as they can handle.

Cons

The growth rate is really out of hand. The company is literally 5 times bigger than when I started just over 2 years ago.

Advice to Management

The company needs to put as much effort as we can stomach into maintaining the existing awesome culture despite doubling in size every year.

2. "Immediately open and trusting, Twitter has allowed me to make big designs and solve big problems with little friction."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

Twitter is very open and transparent inside the company, with little friction caused by bureaucratic nonsense. From my first day I've been able to make big changes to the code base and deploy these changes to production. It has been relatively easy to work with coworkers across teams to complete broader projects. I've always felt compensated fairly for the work I do, and I've never felt the need to consistently work long days.

Cons

It's in an interesting state as it has been making its transition from small start up to big company, and many internal processes have not scaled. Twitter is developing corporate infrastructure to preserve it's culture at scale, but it's not quite there yet.