Twitter - Game changing, not just another Rails startup, but now a serious company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

"Game changing, not just another Rails startup, but now a serious company."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities, great culture, and great people. Lots of exciting work, in cutting edge technologies, where there is no fear in trying to make the world a better place.

Cons

Hiring has been heavy, but where the new workers fit into the picture is somewhat of a mystery in many groups. Potential for lower quality hires due to sheer numbers.

Advice to Management

Keep the company feeling in check avoid the bureaucracy that will inevitably result

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

"Junior Data Analyst - TwitterTV Boston"

Current Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team. Great support and encouragement by supervisors and management to develop professionally, test out new skills, and take initiatives on projects. While I'm not based in HQ, our office and my team has an incredible, collaborative culture. Lots of offsites and cross-team bonding happy hours.

Cons

Distributed office can sometimes feel disconnected from the HQ in San Francisco. Fewer opportunities to connect with different teams in different locations.

"Transparent, accountable, original - really great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Twitter is an exceptionally transparent place. Senior team sets that bar very high. Also, we are charting our own course - not copying the playbook set out by other companies. we're a bit of an underdog, which definitely helps people identify with a common goal, common purpose. Twitter is a world-changing technology (from Arab Spring to 2012 Election to Boston Marathon, Twitter's there!)

Cons

growing up - and all the normal good and bad that comes with that. need more process in some places, install a little too much in others.

Advice to Management

continue to be so accessible. Really stands out - worked at Google and you needed an appointment to get an appointment with an admin who could maybe respond to an email about getting an appointment with someone senior. At Twitter, we just walk up to the senior team in the halls.