Twitter - Starting to see hire and fire culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

"Starting to see hire and fire culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

Many teams are good and twitter-20 is true (a.k.a great food, you gain 20 pounds).

Cons

Twitter was previously great place to work.
Unlike to bigger companies like Google, there could be better opportunities but the management has FAILED to scale the organization well.
Managers have no interest in setting up the new hires for success, they are focused on getting short term results. Thus leading to many cases of hire and fire.

Advice to Management

Clean up the mid tier management

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

"Worst Company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to nothing, the location, the people, the product, the company and the managers are all awful. The food was good.

Cons

Well, everything - I can think of too many things that are wrong with this company to list.

Advice to Management

Stop with the BS and get a handle of your company. The goal of max employees for managers is junk and you know it. This has caused so much middle management BS for employees to get anything done

"Its not as good as people outside think it is."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time

Pros

Good engineers. Code is all out there and seen by everyone, great opportunity to understand various parts of the system.

Cons

New hires are not set up for success. Unless you have already worked in another web company expect difficult times. Though to be fair I hear many teams do a good job at it.
    My advise to anyone joining Twitter would be to join a team which has old time engineers and preferably under manager who were previously engineer at Twitter, else you won't get to experience the culture you would hope to see.

Advice to Management

Management is good in communicating most things except that I feel weird to see them send out survey questions which indirectly indicate on the lines - 'we are not afraid to fire people'. I think Twitter could be upfront about this (like Netflix by putting this in their career page)
    Promote engineers interested in management internally to preserve the culture.