Twitter - FEMALES BEWARE! Very bro heavy. Women not treated well at all. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

"FEMALES BEWARE! Very bro heavy. Women not treated well at all."

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

I like the actual platform, and some of my coworkers are delightful.

Cons

Twitter is bro-heavy from the top down. Women have very little opportunity for advancement. Once, someone asked why there weren't more women in sales leadership positions and someone got up and talked about how great the women in sales were. Two weeks later, 5 people were promoted in sales. Guess how many women? ZERO. I have seen bosses with admins humiliate their admins in meetings (admins being mostly women, this is a huge red flag), and they definitely are not shown respect. "The fish stinks from the head," as they say. In this case, it is definitely true.

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

"Worst Company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to nothing, the location, the people, the product, the company and the managers are all awful. The food was good.

Cons

Well, everything - I can think of too many things that are wrong with this company to list.

Advice to Management

Stop with the BS and get a handle of your company. The goal of max employees for managers is junk and you know it. This has caused so much middle management BS for employees to get anything done

"Its not as good as people outside think it is."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time

Pros

Good engineers. Code is all out there and seen by everyone, great opportunity to understand various parts of the system.

Cons

New hires are not set up for success. Unless you have already worked in another web company expect difficult times. Though to be fair I hear many teams do a good job at it.
    My advise to anyone joining Twitter would be to join a team which has old time engineers and preferably under manager who were previously engineer at Twitter, else you won't get to experience the culture you would hope to see.

Advice to Management

Management is good in communicating most things except that I feel weird to see them send out survey questions which indirectly indicate on the lines - 'we are not afraid to fire people'. I think Twitter could be upfront about this (like Netflix by putting this in their career page)
    Promote engineers interested in management internally to preserve the culture.