Twitter - I feel lucky every morning. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

"I feel lucky every morning."

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great food, great compensation, great learning opportunities, great opportunities to jump into the fast growing code-base. You get to do what matters to the world. Great work/life balance as well.

Cons

Well, I am not a big fan of San Francisco. It's a dirty and dangerous city.

Advice to Management

Maybe incentives?

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

"Amazing company culture, massive growth potential and really interesting product."

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaboration - everyone here is pushing towards a common goal, we all want to see the company grow and become more successful. Wickedly smart people - we have some of the best people in their field but because the culture is so collaborative rarely do those smart people beat you over the head with their intellect. Speed of decision - decisions are made quickly so we can move into execution swiftly, decisions are supported by data but not to excess.

Cons

It is chaotic and shows signs of a company that has gone through some rapid growth. Things often aren't written down and there is a lot of work to do to support this growth. However that is a really exciting con to have to deal with as the company expands and brings onboard talent from other, larger companies there's a danger that the culture will get diluted.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. The culture here is something you should be proud of, don't let the growth in the company kill that.

"Learned a lot, and met great people!"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot of things from some of the great engineers that work here. The ability to get the opportunity to code and write "clever" code is more encouraged than it is at other companies. Yay Scala!

Cons

I was at their old location when I was working there, but it was not in a good part of town. There new place is supposed to be awesome, though!