Tyco - Use to be a great company (ADT) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tyco

"Use to be a great company (ADT)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Tyco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Before bought by TYCO a split up so the security part could be sold, ADT was a great team. Great training and benefits.

Cons

Then when bought by TYCO, all of a sudden our three main goals were gone and customers came last. Only monthly margins/project closings were important, even if they were done poorly. People started scrambling for higher positions so they were secure. Many things made no sense, like 5 or 6 directors over 10 PM's when before when it was ADT there was one director over 15 with no problem, many other issues of duplicating effort at the customers cost. Many upper management people saw this coming and just left. Others were just hanging on knowing that lay-offs were coming and only stayed in hopes they would be kept. But lay-offs were not even or just, some great people were let go and others that actually did nothing all day were saved by their managers.

Advice to Management

Think! If TYCO IS is going to be sold fine, but think of our customers and quality work.

Other Employee Reviews for Tyco

"Changes day to day"

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Tyco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

challenging, good learning experience, good collaboration with peers

Cons

sr. management not trustworthy, good old boys club exists

Advice to Management

more manager/diversity training needed!

"Should be renamed "GrinnellSimplex""

Current Employee - Fire Alarm Technician
    Current Employee - Fire Alarm Technician

I have been working at Tyco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Acceptable pay and raises (under Simplex - hope you made your mark before TYCO, see Cons for current raise status).
    Good 401K matching
    Great dental
    Acceptable medical that is being eroded each year.

Cons

No advancement for the Simplex vets. Only Old Grinnell or sprinkler people get to advance.

The only way to get a decent raise is to quit the company and then come back. Otherwise raises are a surprise when you see that extra 13cents.

Prefers ""Yes men" and golfing buddies over skills and education.

Management continually lies to field workers.

Field workers (who are the ones bringing in the majority of the district's income) are treated as disposable second class citizens.

Advice to Management

Realize that our customers are not just the shareholders and that our true customers are not just bags of money to be gathered. If you allow us to really take care of our customers here in the real world, the bottom line will increase and YOUR customers will be happy.

For the most part, we field reps are professional. We know our jobs and how to handle our customers. Your micro management and tattle tales on us do not make us more efficient, no work harder for YOU. We do what we do for OUR customers