Tyson Foods - Hectic | Glassdoor

"Hectic"

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well funded and able to throw money at necessities once the proposed project or urgency in compliance is understood.

Cons

Lack of pre-planning... largely reactionary.

Advice to Management

Team building classes and functions would solidify the facilities management team. End game would be to have a better understanding of what each supervisor and department head was responsible for adding appreciation to each team member.

Other Employee Reviews for Tyson Foods

1. "Veterans job support, some additional consideration."

Pros

Does a wonderful job on advertising how Tyson's supports their Veterans in NW Arkansas. Uses a couple of veterans at low level jobs on TV. Really gives you a warm and wonderful feeling to Veterans and customers, and gets the public to buy Tyson Chicken products.

Cons

As a veteran with the US Army, and I know others in this area, Tyson's support of Veterans is false. I have applied as others for some of the higher level positions, met their requirements, and nothing, not even a phone call. Please, buy their chicken if you LIKE it, but, don't do it because they support veterans, because they do not.

Advice to Management

Give you veterans a little more attention, past and present ones. There are not that many in NW Arkansas. Simply do what you advertise.

2. "It is a job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady hours
    Pays is somewhat decent ( though not what same industries pay in our area let along company wide )

Cons

Hit max pay in 2 years with very very small pay increases after ( not enough to keep up with the COL )
    Huge company... you feel you are just a number. Corporate only sees you as a employee number.
    Next to impossible to move up...
    Turn over is just outright crazy.
    Lack of

Advice to Management

Understanding that being a big company, it is hard to "get to know" your workers. One thing that seems to be lacking is the understanding that happy workers= productive workers. This also goes hand in hand in retaining workers.
    Even if supervisors at the plant level would even go out of thier way to say "Thank you" or "good job" when it is due, that could mean a lot to a worker. Many of us go to work every day and put in 100% in our job ... this is something at least at my plant, is lacking. in the 10 years I have worked there, I only have had ONE BOSS who said this. ONE. The rest fly by you like you not even there... except if it is time for you to get written up for something.