U-Haul - Hard work and dedication will pay off! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul

"Hard work and dedication will pay off!"

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at U-Haul full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for U-Haul has been a great experience, they treat their employees well and want you to learn all you can about the business. If you ask questions and get involved you an learn a lot about a company that's been the leader in the industry for almost 75 years. I've dedicated a lot of my time to this company over the past 7 years and I feel like I have gained more real business experience than anyone else my age. This is not a place to work if you want to show up at 8AM just your job and leave 5PM, you'll never advance. Our CEO, Joe Shoen, works harder than anyone I've ever met, he's a great example for young professionals. Hard work and dedication to making the customer's experience better is part of our company culture.

Cons

I could leave tomorrow and do the same job, probably work less hours and make more money, but I probably wouldn't have the opportunities and exposure to the business that I do at U-Haul. I have plenty of time to make more money, the business experience I've gained here is invaluable.

Advice to Management

Always make sure everyone you have on your team is there to support the customer and other team members.

Other Employee Reviews for U-Haul

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA

I worked at U-Haul part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed, variety of tasks, good co workers and getting to interact with a lot of different people. Learned a few new skills, raises every few months and able to keep busy with things that needed to be done around the business.

Cons

bad higher management, bad communication. Nothing was ever correct between management and corporate management. Never knew what the correct policies were, because store management would say one thing, then corporate would say another.

Advice to Management

better communication!

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work outside, good training in customer service, learn general knowledge about trucks and vehicles in general, basic sales knowledge.

Cons

high stress environment for extremely low pay, no real room for advancement, no benefits with part time (all employees except management classified as part time), only holiday off is Christmas Day

Advice to Management

treat your employees with more respect, we may not do that much in the grand scheme of things but without us you dont have a business, with one word we can turn customers to the competition, we deserve what we've earned