U-Haul - Customer Service Rep. | Glassdoor

"Customer Service Rep."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Aurora, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Aurora, IL

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and schedule are really nice. There is generally a lot of down time in the winter, which can be used however you please.

Cons

It is a lot of hard physical work and mentally the customers can be difficult to deal with. Customers will take out their frustration on you.

Other Employee Reviews for U-Haul

1. "Hard work and dedication will pay off!"

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at U-Haul full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for U-Haul has been a great experience, they treat their employees well and want you to learn all you can about the business. If you ask questions and get involved you an learn a lot about a company that's been the leader in the industry for almost 75 years. I've dedicated a lot of my time to this company over the past 7 years and I feel like I have gained more real business experience than anyone else my age. This is not a place to work if you want to show up at 8AM just your job and leave 5PM, you'll never advance. Our CEO, Joe Shoen, works harder than anyone I've ever met, he's a great example for young professionals. Hard work and dedication to making the customer's experience better is part of our company culture.

Cons

I could leave tomorrow and do the same job, probably work less hours and make more money, but I probably wouldn't have the opportunities and exposure to the business that I do at U-Haul. I have plenty of time to make more money, the business experience I've gained here is invaluable.

Advice to Management

Always make sure everyone you have on your team is there to support the customer and other team members.

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA

I worked at U-Haul part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed, variety of tasks, good co workers and getting to interact with a lot of different people. Learned a few new skills, raises every few months and able to keep busy with things that needed to be done around the business.

Cons

bad higher management, bad communication. Nothing was ever correct between management and corporate management. Never knew what the correct policies were, because store management would say one thing, then corporate would say another.

Advice to Management

better communication!